CELEBRITY SMILES - BEFORE AND AFTER
Posted by DR. CHRISTOPHER WONG on Feb 26 2021, 07:47 AM
What is that first thing you remember when you think of your celebrity crushes and big names on the big screen? It's their killer smile, right? Their pearly white teeth in flawlessly straight alignment, a picture-perfect grin that dazzles like in a Tic-Tac commercial is always something every one of us wishes to achieve and flaunt.
However, do you know that not every celeb came to the Hollywood limelight with camera-ready teeth? Many film stars and famous celebrities have transformed the appearance of their teeth and smile with cosmetic dentistry. Cosmetic dentistry options may include teeth whitening, bonding, crowns, porcelain veneers, gum grafts, removal of teeth or gums, dental implants, tooth structures, and fixed bridges.
Unbelievable? Let's give you some proof! Here are the before and after pictures of few celebrities with smile makeovers.
- Kate Beckinsale:Kate Beckinsale used to have very long teeth with some enamel discoloration. Now, she has achieved a healthier and whiter smile; she appears to have done smile makeover treatment with the placement of porcelain veneers. This is done by removing a small amount of enamel from the tooth and replacing it with custom-made porcelain veneers. With porcelain veneers, there is little to no downtime, and when maintained properly, they can last 15–20 years.
- Celine Dion: Celine Dion had crowded, discolored teeth. She might have used porcelain veneers to have a straighter, whiter, and beautiful smile that flatters her facial features.
- Zac Efron: Zac Efron had discolored teeth with gaps in between. It appears that he might have used dental braces, bleaching, and dental bonding to close the gap between his front teeth and treat the teeth discoloration issues. He now has a more pleasing smile that suits his facial features.
- Nicole Kidman:Nicole Kidman used to have small teeth and showed a lot of gum when she was younger. She might have removed some gum tissue to make her teeth appear bigger to enhance her smile. It seems she also has gotten porcelain veneers.
- Blake Lively: Blake Lively used to have a naturally wide smile; it appears she had done some minor gum reshaping and bleaching. Gum reshaping can be done using a laser and sometimes with just topical anesthesia with healing time as little as one day.
- Miley Cyrus:As a child, Miley Cyrus had small teeth and showed a lot of gum when she smiled. Now, she has transformed her smile to have a much less gummy smile which might have done by removing gum with a laser. She also appears to have used a set of porcelain veneers to give her a whiter, fuller, and more grownup appearance.
- Lindsay Lohan: Lindsay Lohan has completely transformed her smile using a smile makeover. It appears she had used dental bonding on her front teeth to correct the discoloration and chipping. Bonding, along with professional bleaching, appears to have created a whiter and healthier smile.
- Gwen Stefani: Gwen Stefani had misaligned and discolored teeth. She had lightened her teeth and aligned them using a combination of adult braces and bleaching.
- LeAnn Rimes: LeAnn had small gaps between her teeth. Though these gaps can be closed using various treatment methods such as braces, bonding, and porcelain veneers, it appears she might have opted for porcelain veneers to close the spaces, lighten the teeth color, and create balance in the smile.
- Matthew Lewis: Matthew Lewis had slightly discolored and misaligned teeth. It appears he might have used dental braces to treat his misaligned teeth. Matthew's teeth appear to have been professionally whitened too.
No matter what your profession is, it is important to leave a lasting impression with a beautiful smile. See the magic of a dazzling smile and consult our dentist to see how cosmetic dentistry can help you transform your smile.